A few important things about the FlapJacked brand:
- Their Mighty Muffins are gluten free! I had the chance to try out their Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancake Mix as well! Update: Their pancake mixes are all gluten free, but only the buttermilk pancake mix comes with a certified gluten free label! (Note: They’re not Whole30 friendly, so reserve this for your post-Whole30 activities!)
- They’re a family-owned business! I had the chance to meet Jen, one of the co-founders, and she told me the story about why they started their company. I always love to hear stories about women entrepreneurs!
- Um, they’re delicious. Seriously!
- Did I mention that each Mighty Muffin cup has 20g of protein? I’ve been focusing on consuming more protein, especially as I re-introduce regular weight lifting to my workout routine.
- The Mighty Muffins are made with probiotics!
- You can make waffles or even cookies with the pancake mix. There are recipes on the back of the packaging!
The pancake mix was so easy to maniupulate! I hadn’t made pancakes in forever, so I was worried I was going to burn them so badly, but they turned out great! They are definitely meant to be smaller than the pancakes I’m used to eating, but that’s because they’re so dense! I covered my buttermilk protein pancakes with fresh bananas and almond butter, and it was amazing! I shared some with others, and they liked them plain or with maple syrup as well.
I love the Mighty Muffins for weekday breakfasts when I’m in a rush and don’t have time to cook anything. My favorite Mighty Muffin was definitely the Smores, though the Maple Pumpkin came in a very close second. I added a dash of coconut milk to the maple pumpkin, and it was GOOD. I really like the peanut butter muffin, and I threw in a teaspoon of cacao nibs for some added fiber. Yum!
I wasn’t a fan of the Double Chocolate Mighty Muffin. It reminded me of old-school chocolate protein powders, so that taste just isn’t for me. I’m sure I could jazz it up with some extra ingredients, but I thought about it too late.
I love the Mighty Muffins, and I can’t wait to come up with more recipes for the pancake mix. FlapJacked is so good, and they have worked their way into a spot in my breakfast lineup! I didn’t forget about you, though, lovely reader! Thanks to FlapJacked, I’m giving away…
A Mighty Muffin Sampler 6-Pack and…
A 24-ounce bag of the Gluten Free Buttermilk Protein Pancake Mix! How awesome is that?
Please enter your information into the Rafflecopter below to be entered to win this sweet giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Two important things: NO GIVEAWAY ACCOUNTS (you know who you are!), and the mandatory entry methods are actually mandatory! You’re automatically DQ’d if you break either of these rules! #sorrynotsorry