So, I’m taking a stab at this DC Trifecta Friday Five Link Up that Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar on the Run! put together each Friday. This is my first link up, and quite frankly, I have no idea what I’m doing. But that’s okay!
Here are give things I want to do by next Friday:
1. Whenever the weather decides to warm up, I do my best to get outside so that I can enjoy the sun. It was warm-ish on the way home from work yesterday evening, so I cracked open the sun roof a smidge, and got myself pumped to go for a run to the local high school, and around the track. Well, that didn’t happen. By the time I got home and changed, it was too chilly for me. 🙁 I ran a measly .14 miles around the building to the fitness center, and hopped my cold butt on the treadmill. (I had to sneak my picture on the treadmill, because this grandma was getting it IN in the aerobics room in the corner, but she kept looking at me! I felt like she was going to tell me to stop, or call my mom or something.) By next Friday, I hope to make it over to the track to run some laps and sprints and, GASP! bleachers. I miss being outside! Spring, can you get your act together? Please? I mean, they’re telling us it might snow again on Tuesday. WHAAAAT?
2. Take more photos! Seriously, I am the worst about taking photos, which is not a good thing when you are writing a blog! I like taking pictures, I just always forget to take them. It’s not that I’m waiting for the perfect, most photogenic opportunity or anything, as my friends will agree. I am not in the least bit photogenic, and for some reason, I make ridiculous faces as soon as a camera is near.
This upcoming week, I hope to wow you with my photography skills. Or at least demonstrate them. Baby steps.
|Circa 6:00 last night
3. Play volleyball. This one might sound ridiculous since I am on so many teams, but, believe it or not, I haven’t played in almost a week! On Monday, our snow day, I was chopping onions, and nearly sliced off the tip of my finger. Blood everywhere! Before you ask, no, I wasn’t using proper form. 🙁 I somehow managed to slice two fingers, but the one was BAD. Like, I felt it hit the bone bad. I don’t know how it’s still attached, honestly. As The Boyfriend noted on Monday, when I said I was still planning to play, “you’re going to hit the ball, and your finger is going to go flying off!” Needless to say, no volleyball for me. I miss volleyball and my teammates, though!
4. Because of my finger situation, I’ve been terrified of going swimming. Plenty of posts and articles online have made me satisfied with my decision. Hopefully this finger will be sealed up before next Friday so that I can go for a swim! Gotta stay on track for hitting my goals! I hope to go swimming and see some improvement on the last swim.
5. Buy some running shoes! I can’t believe I still haven’t made a decision on running shoes! I need to hurry up and make a decision so that I can get serious about training for some races. My current kicks aren’t doing me any favors on the pavement. I like my pink laces, but they’re not providing enough support with actual running. (They’re fine for lifting.) I’m going to have to carve out some time to go, because it’s important for my training, and I also have no idea what I’m getting, so it’s going to take some time. I’ve heard about stores having you do some tests on the treadmill to see which shoes you should get. I don’t know where they do it, but I’m going to research and try to get by one. Sounds like that should do the trick! I’ll tell you where I won’t be buying shoes from, though. Here. EWWWW! Toe licker!
What are some of your goals for the upcoming week? Did you vote in my running shoes poll? What are some of the kitchen safety tips you live by?