Happy, happy Friday everyone! I hope you had a great week, and that you have an even better weekend! For those readers who are not from the United States, you might not be aware that this weekend is Memorial Weekend, which culminates with Memorial Day on Monday. I am thankful for the men and women of the Armed Services who gave the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country. Please keep in mind those sacrifices as you spend some extra time with your friends and family members this weekend.
As you might have already read, I published my 100th post earlier today! Woohoo! In other exciting news, congratulations to Esther for winning my SIX:02 giveaway! I tell you what: I’m taking that lady with me if/when I ever go to Vegas. That is one lucky woman! (She also won my ENERGYbits giveaway a few months ago!) Las Vegas… that ties in to the theme of today’s post: Places I’d Like to Run. This theme was cooked up by the lovely DC Trifecta Ladies (Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney). Now, let’s get to it!
- Las Vegas – I read a lot of blog posts. A lot. Through my reading, I have found a lot of reviews of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, and the Las Vegas half marathon this November has really piqued my interest. It just looks like so much fun! I’ve never been to Vegas, but this seems like a perfect place for a “racecation” — something I’ve never done before.
- London – Ah, the London Marathon. It is supposed to be one of the coolest marathons you can run. And it must be, because online entry for the 2015 race is already closed! Holy guacamole! I really enjoyed visiting London last August, and I really want to go back. I’m a bit of an anglophile, and I often watch British television shows as a result. One of my extremely guilty pleasures is The Only Way is Essex (also called “TOWIE”). In an episode I watched earlier this week, a few of the cast members ran the marathon. It was a hilariously ridiculous episode, but it made the race look like so much fun!
- Lisbon – I have been wanting to go to Portugal since one of my old bosses visited and showed us pictures of the city. She couldn’t stop raving about this beautiful city! I think it would be really cool to go on another Euro trip and make a stop in Lisbon.
- Louisiana – Okay, so it’s pretty obvious at this point that I chose a sub-theme for this post… New Orleans, Louisiana is where I’d like to go, more specifically. The last time I was in New Orleans was in the spring just before Hurricane Katrina wreaked havoc on the amazing, colorful city. I’ve been wanting to go back to do some volunteering ever since, but embarrassingly have not made it down there yet. It would be pretty amazing to help some families down there. There are so many organizations that are continuing to do meaningful work for the city, and it would be great to connect with such an organization. Oh, and of course I think it would also be pretty cool to run through the city. It would be a great excuse for eating all of the delicious food New Orleans has to offer.
- Lanai – I was fortunate to go on a family vacation to Hawaii the summer after my sophomore year in college. It was a truly amazing experience! My family did a lot of outdoor sports during our trip, and we really enjoyed ourselves. We visited the islands of Oahu and Maui, but there are so many more to see! Lanai seems like an amazing island for people who love the outdoors. I think it would be cool to do a trail run on the island.
Where would you like to run? Where are some cities you would like to visit? Have you ever taken a racecation?
Now, behold the beauty that is Lenny Kravitz!