Ladies and gentlemen, I’m just going to cut to the chase here: I love Body Glide! Seriously!
This stuff is seriously amazing and has not only helped my summer running but has also enhanced my sweaty summer life in general. I tested it out while going for track workouts, tempo runs, playing volleyball, hiking, and even just on particularly hot days at work when I was wearing a skirt or shorter dress
There are so many great things about Body Glide, so I thought I’d narrow it down to my five favorite things about this product in order to save you from some of my typical long-winded ranting and raving.
Before I jump into my list, I should probably tell you what Body Glide is, right? According to their website, Body Glide is officially, “The original anti-chafing, anti blister balm™.” It is clear and odorless and glides on like deodorant. The company has several other products, but the one I tested out was the original Body Glide. Now, let’s jump in!
- It Prevents Chafing – I’m not going to sugarcoat this: I am a volleyball player and I have big, strong legs. I’m not ashamed of this fact. I have actually embraced it over the years! This usually doesn’t bother me in either volleyball or running, but summer running definitely presents a challenge for me. With summer running, I’m usually wearing shorts, which allows my thighs to lovingly embrace each other a lot more easily! I just slide some Body Glide on before a run (especially sprints), and I’m good to go! I also shamelessly have used my Body Glide during the work day when I choose to wear a skirt on a hot day and I know I’m going to be running around a bunch. It’s a miracle worker!
- It’s Not Greasy – It definitely beats out petroleum jelly, which was my original go-to in this area. I would slather that stuff all over my body, and my clothes would be all goopy afterward. While testing out (and continuing to use) my Body Glide, I never ran into this problem.
- It’s Great for Sensitive Skin – I have super sensitive skin, so I’m pretty careful about what I put on my body. (I have developed some allergies to man-made materials and other things the last few years, and I have always had eczema ,which mostly reveals itself in the winter.) I was so glad that Body Glide did not have this effect on me! I can usually tell after about 30 seconds if something is going to cause me to have a reaction, and I have been happily using this product without incident!
- It’s Easy to Apply – It’s a pretty similar consistency to deodorant, and the stick is designed pretty much the same way. Slide that bad boy on your thighs, on your underboob, or wherever else your heart desire!
- You Can Put It All Over – Going back to #4, you really can put it all over. It is odorless, which I especially appreciate! You don’t need to walk around with people knowing that you’re wearing Body Glide! This also means that you can wear it under shorts, dresses, etc. without anyone having a clue.
Have you ever used Body Glide? When do you use it? What do you like about it?