So, I told you what I was leaving behind in 2019. Some of my friends shared their thoughts on this topic as well. Now, let’s talk about what I’m bringing with me from 2019 to 2020!
But first, in case you don’t hear it from anyone else, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Why am I bringing anything from this trash year into 2020? Well, first of all, you can’t throw the whole year in the trash, people! Yes, 2019 brought with it some challenges. Heck, it brought with it some serious challenges, but that doesn’t mean that everything that ever happened at any time on any day in 2019 was all bad and that there weren’t any lessons learned. That can’t be so, y’all. I refuse to accept that, and so should you. And with that, here are the 6 things I’m bringing with me to 2020:
- Fire. I want it, y’all, and I want it bad! What is “it?” Success, connections, knowledge, and meaning. I am passionate about excelling, and I want to take that same fire into 2020.
- Sweating Fearlessly. “Sweat Fearlessly” is my mantra and motto, and I’m planning to keep it that way indefinitely! This phrase represents sweating (figuratively and literally speaking) without fear of what others think, as well as overcoming fears in fitness and business. Going to a twerk class without knowing how to twerk? YOLO! I’m shaking my tailfeather the best way I can. Scared of seeming too ambitious? Who cares?! I’m going to be sweating fearlessly all over 2020, just you wait!
- Creativity. My brain was just pouring out creativity this year! I want to keep up this creative energy and make sure that it’s a bit more focused this year, whether I use it for helping others or forwarding some of my professional plans.
- Self Care. I made sure to focus on this a heck of a lot more in 2019, and it has paid off! I have had to say no to doing some things, but I don’t have any regrets. Sometimes you just need to unwind and take care of yourself, ignoring all of the noise around you. The return on investment is immeasurable.
- Meaningful Relationships. I have met some truly amazing people this year and deepened some of my already-meaningful relationships (including with all of the ladies below!). The less time I spend on relationships that are unfilling and/or painful, the more time I can spend learning more about the people I truly care about. Again, immeasurable return on investment!
- My Renewed Love for Running. I’m so glad I got my groove back! The running world has taken me to some pretty spectacular places geographically and mentally, and I can’t wait to see what running has in store for me in 2020.
So, there it is! I cannot wait to see where I am a year from now. If I stick to this mindset for the entire year, I will be so proud of myself on this very moment a year from now.
Here are the things some of my fit friends are bringing with them into the new year:
“Live your dreams NOW!”
Don’t get tripped up in your wants and desires. Have faith and confidence that if/when it is meant to happen, that it will. Keep your eyes and mind open, and live in the now, but continue to hold onto your dreams and allow them to unfold as they are meant to. If you are totally focused on what you want for your future, then you are focused on manifesting more of your goals. Trust and believe that things will work out in your favor ALWAYS. There is a lesson in everything that happens along the way.
Enjoy the journey!
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis. In 2020, I want to invoke inspiration, hope, and happiness.
Over the past year, I’ve learned more about what wellness truly is. Incorporating emotional, financial, and environmental wellness as well as physical wellness aids in having a balanced healthy lifestyle. As we move into a new year and a new decade, my goal is to continue increasing my knowledge of overall wellness and being intentional in regards to eco-wellness.
Approaching a new year (and a new decade) blasting Patti LaBelle’s “New Attitude.” I am loving the new confident, self-assured woman I have become.
I’m bringing with me my whole self.
I tried to compartmentalize the hurt Tasha, the fitness Tasha, the Chi-Town Tasha, the coach Tasha and I am now realizing that it’s all me and I’ll show up more authentic with all of my parts than trying to decide what part of me needs to show up for what.
I’m also bringing my incomplete goal from 2018 to get in the best shape of my life; physically and mentally.
We are stronger together, and in order to tap into that power, we must connect and continually grow connections. I think that was my big epiphany of 2019 and something I will be taking with me at the start of the next decade.
What are you bringing with you to 2020? What were some of the highlights of your year that you’d like to expand on for the upcoming year?