This is just one in a series on Flecks of Lex where I share workouts that target major muscle groups, and that can be done quickly with little to no equipment. Have some suggestions for Everything Burns workouts? Send me an email. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I am not a certified trainer, doctor, dietitian, or cat wrangler. For now, these exercises work for me, and I think they’re worth sharing. Exercise at your own risk.
- Low Jumping Jacks – Originally, I thought about throwing regular jumping jacks into today’s workout, but found this video from the amazing Bob Harper, and thought I’d give it a try. Feel the burn!
- Squat Jumps – Squat jumps are awesome! Don’t try to rush through these. Remember that form is important!
- Walking Lunges – These are pretty self explanatory. You’re going to take 20 steps total to complete 10 per leg.
- Downward Dog Push Ups – Remember these? Yeah. I tried to block them out of my memory too. This time around, we’re going to add five more to our routine.
- Leg Raises – This is an ab exercise I love to hate. You can do them with straight legs or with more of a bend in the knees. The key is to not let your feet touch the floor until you’re done.
- Pilates Hundred – I never knew what these are called, but after a bit of searching around, I found them! There are so many variations of this exercise. I suggest starting with bent knees, but it’s really up to you.
- Straight Arm Plank – You know the deal. You’ll feel it in some different (and some of the same) spots from elbow planks, but you’ll still feel it.
- Super(wo)mans – This should feel pretty good after that ab section.
Did you feel the burn? What are some of your favorite exercises to do when you don’t have a lot of time?